National VET Council
National Vocational Education Council (NVETC) is a consulting body based on the principles of social partnership. It is aimed to support development of vocational education through involvement into the process of formulation of VET policy, provision of recommendations on policy planning and implementation to the Government of Georgia or the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia.
Parties of the NVETC are Government of Georgia, employer associations/unions, trade unions of employees, representatives of civil society organizations, while the council is chaired by the Minister of Education and Science of Georgia. At the same time, depending on the topic in discussion, the council may invite representatives of government or public entities, international organizations, independent experts or EU representatives.
- Prepares proposals and conclusions on the strategy of VET sector reform and VET development action plan.
- Prepares recommendations on creating various committees or working groups in vocational education.
- Requests information needed for its activities from various public institutions of Georgia, according to set procedures.
- Creates working groups and invites independent experts to study issues under its competence and provision of appropriate recommendations.
- Creates and approves regulation of the Council.
The mandate of the NVETC are detailed out in NVETC Regulation, approved though #203 Order of the Government of Georgia.
NVETC meeting minutes, December 28, 2015